Get the Most Reliable and Free OST to PST Conversion Methods
Many users create an OST file to work in Offline mode and save data when they are not connected to the internet. Users must connect to an exchange server or OST to PST conversion in order to view the contents of an OST file. But what will you do if you don’t have access to a server?
The two types of files, OST and PST, are fundamentally different. Outlook does not provide an option for directly importing OST files. You also can’t use the open with the option in Outlook to open OST files. In this situation, the only option is to convert an OST file to an Outlook PST file, which can be done in two ways. Please continue reading if you need to convert OST files to PST format.
Before we get into the specifics of how to convert OST to PST, let’s address some frequently asked questions.
The requirements of individual users are different, just like the above queries. The suggested tool can help you with any OST to PST migration issue.
Check out the Possibilities for Free OST to PST Conversion.
There are several free and reliable options for converting OST files to PST format. In the next sections, we’ll go over each one step by step. Please have a look at this.
Method 1: Creating a PST File From your Mailbox
Use the Exchange account linked with the OST files to log into Outlook. Additionally, follow this simple technique to convert OST emails to PST:
- From the menu bar, select Files >Open & Export >Import & Export.
- Proceed to the next step after selecting Export to a file.
- To continue, select the second option, Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click the Next button.
- Click the Next button after selecting the folder from which you want to export files.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the location for the new PST file and the options for dealing with duplicate items.
Note that providing a password for the PST file is an optional step, and you can skip it if you choose.
Method 2: You can Save OST Emails to a PST File by ‘Archiving’ Them.
By using the Auto Archive approach in Outlook, you can store items from an OST file in a separate PST file. Using this method, you can keep the size of your mailbox under control. When the capacity of the mailbox grows, and there are some messages that are older than the mailbox and that you do not need to keep, you can move them to the archive folder quickly by selecting them from the message list. Simply follow the steps mentioned below to enable automatic archiving in Outlook.
- Select File > Options from the File menu in the Outlook app.
- From the Advanced drop-down option, choose Auto Archive Settings.
- Select the number of days you want to archive automatically, then click “Save Changes.” Choose where you want the archived file to be saved, as well as the archiving parameters, and then click Finish.
As a result of your archiving options, mailbox items from your OST file will be saved to your PST file.
Method 3: The Most Popular and Reliable Method for Converting OST to PST without Outlook or Exchange.
OST Converter Software is a professional tool for numerous OST to PST conversions at the same time. The program can import emails from Outlook OST to PST, including attachments. When exporting OST files to PST format, the application lets users keep all of the properties.
It’s Time to Put the Guide to Rest.
In today’s guide, we’ll show you how to convert OST to PST for free. All of the approaches presented are completely safe and secure. The first and second approaches discussed above are appropriate if you have Outlook and Exchange connectivity. However, if you need OST to PST conversion without using a third-party program, you can simply download the recommended third-party app.